Please consider a donation to support this blog
CHRISTMAS QUIZHere's this year's Christmas Quiz. Answers in a couple of days.
1. From the list of people below, identify who
A) left a double world championship team to coach his national squad at the 2010 Worlds Qualifying
B) was deposed as skip of his Paralympic team by his 3rd.
C) withdrew from the Paralympics after failing a drug test.
D) described wheelchair curling as the roller derby of curling.
E) withdrew from his national team shortly after being selected, because of shoulder surgery.
a) Jim Armstrong b) Glen Ikonen c) Patrick McDonald d) Jens Jäger e) Per Christensen
2. Which current Team Canada Paralympian has 13 siblings? Jim Armstrong, Darryl Neighbour, Ina Forrest, Sonja Gaudet, Bruno Yizek.
3. Which Province held a 3 on 3 two team playdown to see who would claim the girl?
4. He provided online commentary at the Paralympics, and was inducted into the London ON Sports Hall Of Fame. Who is he?
5. Who said of skipping “It makes me think. If I don’t come off the ice with a headache, I didn’t think hard enough,” Chris Daw, Goose Perez, Rune Lorentsen, Michael McCreadie, Hak Sung Kim
6. Which 4 sport Paralympian said prior to Vancouver: "It takes you right round the world, you see some amazing places. I'm away somewhere every month, it's a full-time job now." Sonja Gaudet, Jalle Jungnell, Jens Jäger, Tom Killin
7. True or False
a) feet may not touch the ice during delivery
b) a delivery is legal if any part of the rock is touching the guidelines either side of the centre line
c) at WCF events the time clocks stop during the one minute time outs when coaches may speak to their team
d) players may be substituted during a game but must play the same position as the person they replace
8. As hosts of the 2011 Worlds, the Czech Republic took one of the eight spots allocated to the points leaders at the previous three Worlds. Who lost out from automatic qualification?
9. The oldest athlete at the Paralympics was 75. What country did he curl for?
10. Which country arrived at the 2010 World Wheelchair Qualifying Championships, but was not allowed to play?
11.What continent saw it's first dedicated curling ice opened to wheelchair users?
12. Whose Canadian record will be snapped in March 2011 at seven consecutive National Championship appearances?
13. Pair the player with their team
A) Jostein Stordahl
B) Patrik Burman
C) Claudia Huttenmoser
D) Egidio Marchese
E) Katsuo Ichikawa
F) James Pierce
G) Mi-Suk Kang
H) Aileen Neilson
I) Marcus Sieger
a) Germany b) Great Britain c) Italy d) Japan e) Korea f) Norway g) Sweden h) Switzerland i) USA
14. Eight of the nine players listed in #13 share something in common. Who is the odd person out?
15. Why did power wheelchair users have reason to celebrate a 2010 WCF decision.
A very Happy Christmas to you all from Eric and Cate