Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chris Daw inducted to London (ON) Hall Of Fame



Team Canada skip Daw, 40, who won three national wheelchair curling titles, silver and bronze at the Worlds and a gold medal at the Turin Paralympics, has been inducted into the London, Ontario, Hall Of Fame.

He attended the Western Fair ceremony with his wife Morgan and their infant daughter Arouyn.

“This is the culmination of everything,” he told Steve Green of the London Free Press. “The day it was announced that I was being inducted, I called my mom (Eleanor). The very next day, she passed away.

“Throughout my entire career, she and my father were my greatest supporters and my greatest advocates. This means just as much as Turin because not only is it the recognition of my achievements, it’s the recognition of their support.”

The London Hall Of Fame video citation can be viewed at this link or seen below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chris,

Many people have many opinions but your accomplishments and contributions to the sport speak for themselves.

Tony Zummack

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Chris

Goose