Please consider a donation to support this blog
Welcome to this year's Christmas Quiz. The questions have all been taken from posts written during the course of 2011 and reflect our international readership. Good luck. The 20 answers will appear in a couple of days.
1. What do Canada's Sonja Gaudet and Heather Smith-Dacey have in common with Scotland's Eve Muirhead and Sweden's Anette Norberg?
2. Who cut his Paralympic medal in half? Why?
3. Which wheelchair user represented his country in an international curling tournament at which all the other players were able-bodied?
4. Who coached Scotland at the 2011 World Championships?
5. Canada repeated as World champions in 2011 - which play-off team failed to win a medal?
6. The 2011 Worlds allowed powerchair users to compete for the first time. Who was the first athlete to compete using a powerchair?
7. Which of the 3 national teams teams involved in relegation tie-breaks avoided having to re-qualify for the 2012 Worlds?
8. Who was the first female to skip at a World Wheelchair Curling Championship?
9. Who was the first wheelchair user to coach a national team at a World Wheelchair Curling Championship?
10. Which country had to cancel their national championships in the face of natural disaster?
11. At what event did a sponsor offer a $1,000 sponsors prize for a hammer-deciding throw that covered the pin?
12. The $1,000 prize was not won, but someone won a consolation $200 for a shot that ended less than 4 cms from the pin? Who made that throw?
13. Which province broke BC's stranglehold on Canadian national titles?
14. Four Americans were ever-present on Team USA for the 4 years from 2008 through 2011. Of the four, who's been chosen compete in 2012?
15. Nine of the ten teams at the 2012 World Championships will have competed at that level before. Who's the tenth?
16. Norway travelled to Canada to compete at the 7th Annual Cathy Kerr Memorial Spiel. How did they do? Who was missing from their team?
17. Team Lessard from Quebec were beaten finalists at the Cathy Kerr. What event did they win the previous week?
18. The South Lanarkshire WCC changed the rules at a recent fun event. What Scottish delicacy was used as the target?
A very Happy Christmas to you all from Eric and Cate.