The Enabling Accessibility Fund (EAF) supports community-based projects across Canada that improve accessibility, remove barriers, and enable Canadians with disability to participate in and contribute to their communities. Grants up to $50,000 per project are available to improve the “built environment.”
If your curling club is looking to enhance its accessibility by:
• Constructing an interior or exterior ramp
• Installing wider doors or automated door openers
• Building an accessible washroom
• Installing an elevator or lift
• Enhancing interactive speech capability on a public-access computer
Visit HERE for more information on how to access funds but act quickly, the deadline for proposals is September 23, 2011.
BC residents can contact Penny Bartel for assistance in putting together a proposal.